Hootenanny and Family Fire Camp is a fundraiser as a benefit to the Wildland Firefighter Foundation.
This is a public event with a Cornhole Tournament, WFF Raffle, Silent Auction, Beer Garden, Food Trucks, Live Music and more Saturday followed by a Fun Run, Pancake Breakfast and Awards Sunday morning.
When the Fire camps get set up during large campaign fires they are mini cities, we want to create a similar experience for the family to be able to experience this. We will be inviting some local fire contractors to bring in equipment and some of the other interesting things that most would never experience without being out on the fire line. We feel this event will be a great kickoff to fire season.
Please reach out with questions to Erin Capuchino via email or text firstname.lastname@example.org 559-308-1767
About the Wildland Firefighter Foundation
Wildland Firefighter Foundation’s main focus is to help families of firefighters killed in the line of duty and to assist injured firefighters and their families. We honor and acknowledge past, present, and future members of the wildland firefighting community, and partner with private and interagency organizations to bring recognition to wildland firefighters.
The Wildland Firefighter Foundation is:
- Recognized as the organization that provides immediate financial and crisis assistance to families of fallen and injured wildland firefighters.
- The organization providing recognition and honor to all wildland firefighters, past, present, and future.
- Financially self-sustaining, thanks to the overwhelming generosity of its constituent supporters.
- An effectively managed organization adaptive to an ever-changing environment.
- An organization capable of immediately responding to situations that involve the loss or injury of a wildland firefighter.
- An organization with programs that tell the story of fallen wildland firefighters so that preventable deaths are limited.
- An organization partnering with agencies and others to work toward preventing line of duty deaths and provide timely safety messages.
Our Vision & Goals
The vision and purpose of the Wildland Firefighter Foundation is:
“To honor, recognize, and support wildland firefighters, past, present, and future, and to provide resources to assist fallen and injured firefighters and their families.”
The Goals of the Wildland Firefighter Foundation are:
The Board of Directors and the Wildland Firefighter Foundation is focused on developing realistic goals and objectives designed to guide the Foundation into the future. The following organizational goals have been identified:
- Ensure the Foundation is fiscally viable to deliver financial assistance to families of fallen and injured firefighters.
- Build partnerships among the wildland firefighting community to encourage stronger awareness of the Foundation and its services.
- Continue to recognize and honor past, present, and future wildland firefighters.
- Deliver programs and services that meet the needs of injured firefighters and fallen firefighter’s families.
- Actively seek collaborations with agencies and other organizations to deliver safety messages that help stop preventable line of duty deaths.
Thank you very much!